Monday 22 September 2008

Visiting old friends

I'm very excited this week as we're preparing for our trip to California to visit my old stamping-grounds (and particularly looking forward to visiting my home town of Pacific Grove, so check out the lovely picutre) and imposing on my generous brother. As always, I know in between having a wonderful time, I'll be wishing I could be staying longer. It's so gorgeous!!! This time we'll be visiting the beautiful area north of San Francisco, Point Reyes, and hoping to catch glimpses of very different wildlife to England. At the same time I'll be checking out the yarn stores so watch this space on my return..
For today, as it's going to be a zippy post, I thought I'd catch up on some old friends of chaincreative, Marianne of Heegeldab fame and Alicia Paulson from Posie gets Cosy. Both are such creative people and they're always worth keeping an eye on. Something new all the time!


Marianne is particularly prolific with her jewellery and crochet and I particularly liked her new 'poppy' designs. This necklace looks so simple but has a real power to it. Marianne's influences are rooted in the nature around her and the purse also has that wonderful fresh feel about.


Alicia has been busy with many things as her blog shows but I particularly liked the homely feel of these felted figures for Christmas. I know they're not strictly crochet but as chaincreative is going to venture into the world of felt after our return, I thought it was allowed!

No comments: