Wednesday 25 July 2007

Embroidering with crochet

I found these pictures waiting to be posted and thought - let's go for it. These were taken of my beach bag last summer - a wicked purchase that I shouldn't have, but did, make!!! Lazing by the pool on my jolly hols, got me to thinking about embroidering in crochet onto a double crochet piece of work. I think I'll get onto that when the dust has settled from all the millions of other projects I've got simmering.


I haven't actually tried this out yet but give me a few days and I'll get back to you.


Let me know if you have some tips.


This bag that I bought is lovely and soooo useful but it was only while sitting by the pool in Sicily that I realised why I love it so. Of course it's the crochet (double) and also it's totally within most people's capabilities. The clever-clogs side is the embroidery which I have analysed as single crochet applied to the double crochet panels. I think that this could be an answer to not having fairisle at a crocheter's command. We can do colour and pattern as well as knitters (well, almost).


I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

No comments: